- empowers families with limited financial resources to choose healthful diets and become more food secure by spending dollars wisely;
- exposes children to new fruits and vegetables and teaches why they are important;
- teaches parents how to plan, buy and prepare healthy meals;
- and supports communities in making the healthy choice the easy choice where people live, learn, work and play.
FoodWIse Funding Statement
EFNEP and SNAP-Ed funded programs
FoodWIse is funded by the USDA Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – SNAP and Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program – EFNEP. SNAP/FoodShare helps families buy the food they need for good health. Visit access.wi.gov to learn how to apply for food assistance or call 715-349-7600.
SNAP-Ed funded programs
FoodWIse is funded by the USDA Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – SNAP. SNAP/FoodShare helps families buy the food they need for good health. Visit access.wi.gov to learn how to apply for food assistance or call 715-349-7600.
RELATED LINKS OF INTEREST
- UW-Extension FoodWIse
- USDHHS Food Safety
- Fight BAC!
- Be Food Safe
- Gateway to U.S. Government food safety information
- USDA Food Safety information
- Food Safety & Health (UW Extension food safety and food preservation information)
- National Center for Home Food Preservation (University of Georgia)
- Overeaters Anonymous
If you have any questions regarding nutrition in Burnett County, please contact:
Julie Yezek, FoodWIse Nutrition Educator
Burnett County – UW Extension
7410 County Road K, #107
Siren, WI 54872
Office Hours: Tuesday – Thursday, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM