This position is designed to provide assistance to Burnett County UW-Extension staff during the busy summer months to carry out the goals of the youth and family program. The 4-H Youth & Family Summer Intern will increase his/her knowledge of youth and family development programs, community partnerships, volunteer development, UW-Extension and the 4-H Youth & Family Development Educator responsibilities.
Project Day is an afternoon of fun, hands-on, learning experiences for local 4-H youth and the community. Need not be enrolled in 4-H to attend. Must be in grades Kindergarten and above to participate. This event showcases all of the fun things you can do in 4-H! Participants will have the opportunity to work on various projects they are interested in. These projects will be taught by older 4-H youth and adult volunteers from the area!
There will be a total of three, one-hour afternoon sessions for participants to attend. The sessions are approximately 50-60 minutes, feature kid/adult friendly material, are interactive/hands-on, experiential, and may include a project that you can take away from the session that day!
The registration deadline is Monday, March 23. Sessions will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
For session descriptions and registration forms, go to Project Day Flyer.
The March Bugle has info about:
- How to help the 4-H program
- Upcoming events
- 4-H News
- Cultural Arts Festival
- Summer Camp
- Tire Gardens
- Siren Community Ag Association College Scholarship
- Youth Protection Training
- Project Day
- I Want 2 Know! Camp
- Project Areas
- Animal Sciences
- Arts & Communication
- Mechanical Sciences
- Natural Resources
- Plant & Soil Sciences/Mini Master Gardener Short Course
- Younger Members
- Youth Leadership/YELL Conference
- Club News
- Leaders’ Pages
After much date juggling, we’ve nailed down the Cultural Arts Festival for this year. It will be held on Sunday, May 3 from 1pm – 4pm at Siren School. Mark your calendars!
There are two changes to the contest this year.
- Registration: Members are required to register for ALL areas. In the past this was not required for photography or arts & crafts. So please note that if you are going to enter anything at all in the Cultural Arts Festival, you must register.
- Act in a Sack: This is a new category in Drama that sounds like a lot of fun! A team of 2 to 4 youth will receive a sack of props and a situation (or you can create your own). The team has 10 minutes to organize a 10-15 minute act or play. Look for more information in the Drama Contest section of the registration packet below.
Registration deadline is Monday, April 13, 2015 at 7pm (at the Leaders’ meeting). Registrations may be emailed to email@example.com, dropped off at the office, or mailed as long as we receive them by the deadline.
NOTE: For the Photography and Arts & Crafts Contests: DON’T SKIP STEP 1 of the directions. Write your name and club on the back of the registration form.