We teach, learn, lead and serve, connecting people with the University of Wisconsin, and engaging with them in transforming lives and communities.
Read the April 2015 Burnett County 4-H Bugle for information about:
- Upcoming Events
- Cultural Arts Festival
- Wisconsin Towns Association Scholarship
- Summer Camp
- Eat & Move O-Matic (a new, free, fun app from National 4-H Council about how different foods fuel different activities)
- State 4-H Arts Camp
- Our WHEP Art Contest Winner!
- Service Learning & Citizenship
- 4-H Ag Innovators
- Robotics Project
- YELL Conference
- Club News
- STEM Project Leaders’ Training
- Adult Shooting Sports Certification
- Leaders’ Association Meeting Minutes
This position is designed to provide assistance to Burnett County UW-Extension staff during the busy summer months to carry out the goals of the youth and family program. The 4-H Youth & Family Summer Intern will increase his/her knowledge of youth and family development programs, community partnerships, volunteer development, UW-Extension and the 4-H Youth & Family Development Educator responsibilities.
Summer Intern Schedule
After much date juggling, we’ve nailed down the Cultural Arts Festival for this year. It will be held on Sunday, May 3 from 1pm – 4pm at Siren School. Mark your calendars!
There are two changes to the contest this year.
- Registration: Members are required to register for ALL areas. In the past this was not required for photography or arts & crafts. So please note that if you are going to enter anything at all in the Cultural Arts Festival, you must register.
- Act in a Sack: This is a new category in Drama that sounds like a lot of fun! A team of 2 to 4 youth will receive a sack of props and a situation (or you can create your own). The team has 10 minutes to organize a 10-15 minute act or play. Look for more information in the Drama Contest section of the registration packet below.
Registration deadline is Monday, April 13, 2015 at 7pm (at the Leaders’ meeting). Registrations may be emailed to email@example.com, dropped off at the office, or mailed as long as we receive them by the deadline.
2015 Burnett County Cultural Arts Festival Contest Information & Entry Forms
NOTE: For the Photography and Arts & Crafts Contests: DON’T SKIP STEP 1 of the directions. Write your name and club on the back of the registration form.
The 2014 fall/winter edition of LakeLines contains the following articles:
- Eating Invasives
- Shallow Waters Run Deep
- Adopt-A-Lake Program in Phelps School District
- Lake Policy News Straight to Your Inbox
- Sharing the Lake with Our Feathered Anglers
- Fathead Minnow Control of Mosquitoes
- Wetland Critters for Kids – The Beaver
- Message from the President
Read the latest edition of LakeLines.
The issue includes articles on:
- Shoreline Incentive Program
- Burnett County Lakes and Rivers Association’s Support of LakeLine’s Distribution Expansion
- Existing Aquatic Invasive Species by Lake
- Japanese Hops
- Northwest Wisconsin Lakes Conference
- What Boat Registrations Fund
- Lake Resource Contact Information
- Wetland Critters for Kids – The Great Blue Heron
- And More!
Forest Fast Breaks are concise, engaging animated YouTube shorts that simplify complex forestry topics. The videos highlight forest ecology, sustainable forest management practices, and the environmental benefits of utilizing wood in consumer products and as a building material. Videos are suitable for third grade through adult learners.
Forest Fast Breaks
Burnett County 4-H members and leaders have pinned ideas about all aspects of 4-H, including promotional ideas, volunteer training, trips, community service, camp, project ideas, youth development, and MANY more. Visit http://pinterest.com/burnettuwex/ for help, ideas, and fun!
A new feature for the 2013 atlas and plat book is aerial photos for each township. All profits go towards supporting 4H youth programs. Plat books can be purchased at the UWEX office at the Burnett County Government Center for $32 (includes tax). Plat Books can also be purchased via mail for $38 (includes tax, shipping, and handling). Please write your check to “University of Wisconsin Extension” and mail it to: Plat Book, 7410 County Road K #107, Siren, WI 54872. Private vendors that also will be selling 2013 plat books include: Big Mike’s (Siren), Log Cabin Store (Danbury), Burnett Dairy (Alpha), Burnett County Sentinel (Grantsburg), Inter-County Leader (Frederic), and the Bear Paw (Rice Lake). For tax exempt information, contact the University of Wisconsin Extension office at 715-349-2151.