We teach, learn, lead and serve, connecting people with the University of Wisconsin, and engaging with them in transforming lives and communities.
The March Bugle has info about:
- How to help the 4-H program
- Upcoming events
- 4-H News
- Cultural Arts Festival
- Summer Camp
- Tire Gardens
- Siren Community Ag Association College Scholarship
- Youth Protection Training
- Project Day
- I Want 2 Know! Camp
- Project Areas
- Animal Sciences
- Arts & Communication
- Mechanical Sciences
- Natural Resources
- Plant & Soil Sciences/Mini Master Gardener Short Course
- Younger Members
- Youth Leadership/YELL Conference
- Club News
- Leaders’ Pages
After much date juggling, we’ve nailed down the Cultural Arts Festival for this year. It will be held on Sunday, May 3 from 1pm – 4pm at Siren School. Mark your calendars!
There are two changes to the contest this year.
- Registration: Members are required to register for ALL areas. In the past this was not required for photography or arts & crafts. So please note that if you are going to enter anything at all in the Cultural Arts Festival, you must register.
- Act in a Sack: This is a new category in Drama that sounds like a lot of fun! A team of 2 to 4 youth will receive a sack of props and a situation (or you can create your own). The team has 10 minutes to organize a 10-15 minute act or play. Look for more information in the Drama Contest section of the registration packet below.
Registration deadline is Monday, April 13, 2015 at 7pm (at the Leaders’ meeting). Registrations may be emailed to email@example.com, dropped off at the office, or mailed as long as we receive them by the deadline.
2015 Burnett County Cultural Arts Festival Contest Information & Entry Forms
NOTE: For the Photography and Arts & Crafts Contests: DON’T SKIP STEP 1 of the directions. Write your name and club on the back of the registration form.
This Wisconsin 4-H activity is open to all Wisconsin 4-H Club members. You may be enrolled in any 4-H project to participate in Wildlife WHEP (Wildife Habitat Education Program) Wisconsin 4-H activities.
The Wildife Art Contest will be held in conjunction with the Tri County Tournament on Friday-Saturday, March 27-28, 2015 at Washington County Fair Park, 3000 Hwy PV, West Bend, WI.
Registration deadline is March 7, 2015. Items must be on display by 10am Saturday, March 28 to be judged.
Wildife Art Registration Form
For more information, go to the WHEP website or contact Barb or Norb Yogerst at 262-677-2379 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The tournament will be held Friday – Saturday, March 27-28, 2015 at Washington County Fair Park, 3000 Hwy PV, West Bend, WI. Events are for individuals or teams in three age categories from ages 8-19.
Registration deadline for the tournament is March 7, 2015.
Archery Registration Form
Air Rifle Registration Form
Team Competition Registration Form
Contact Barb or Norb Yogerst at 262-677-2379 or email@example.com for more information.
The 2014 fall/winter edition of LakeLines contains the following articles:
- Eating Invasives
- Shallow Waters Run Deep
- Adopt-A-Lake Program in Phelps School District
- Lake Policy News Straight to Your Inbox
- Sharing the Lake with Our Feathered Anglers
- Fathead Minnow Control of Mosquitoes
- Wetland Critters for Kids – The Beaver
- Message from the President
Read the latest edition of LakeLines.
The issue includes articles on:
- Shoreline Incentive Program
- Burnett County Lakes and Rivers Association’s Support of LakeLine’s Distribution Expansion
- Existing Aquatic Invasive Species by Lake
- Japanese Hops
- Northwest Wisconsin Lakes Conference
- What Boat Registrations Fund
- Lake Resource Contact Information
- Wetland Critters for Kids – The Great Blue Heron
- And More!
Forest Fast Breaks are concise, engaging animated YouTube shorts that simplify complex forestry topics. The videos highlight forest ecology, sustainable forest management practices, and the environmental benefits of utilizing wood in consumer products and as a building material. Videos are suitable for third grade through adult learners.
Forest Fast Breaks
Burnett County 4-H members and leaders have pinned ideas about all aspects of 4-H, including promotional ideas, volunteer training, trips, community service, camp, project ideas, youth development, and MANY more. Visit http://pinterest.com/burnettuwex/ for help, ideas, and fun!
A new feature for the 2013 atlas and plat book is aerial photos for each township. All profits go towards supporting 4H youth programs. Plat books can be purchased at the UWEX office at the Burnett County Government Center for $32 (includes tax). Plat Books can also be purchased via mail for $38 (includes tax, shipping, and handling). Please write your check to “University of Wisconsin Extension” and mail it to: Plat Book, 7410 County Road K #107, Siren, WI 54872. Private vendors that also will be selling 2013 plat books include: Big Mike’s (Siren), Log Cabin Store (Danbury), Burnett Dairy (Alpha), Burnett County Sentinel (Grantsburg), Inter-County Leader (Frederic), and the Bear Paw (Rice Lake). For tax exempt information, contact the University of Wisconsin Extension office at 715-349-2151.